Solutions Architect, Streaming (Remote US)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Dear trailblazers, forward-thinkers, and doers - We want you.
DataStax is the open, multi-cloud stack for modern data apps.
DataStax gives enterprises the freedom of choice, simplicity, and
true cloud economics to deploy massive data, delivered via APIs,
powering rich interactions on multi-cloud, open source and
Kubernetes. We subscribe to a set of principles that guide how we
collaboratively work together. We inspire each other with our
values, obsessing over users and enterprises, taking action and
focusing on results, innovating in technology, products, and
everything we do, and defining success as the team winning. We
foster a diverse working environment that is respectful, generates
new ideas, promotes ownership, and encourages highly motivated
individuals to shape tomorrow. These form the foundation of
DataStax's culture and help drive our decisions.
As a DataStax Architect, you are an expert trusted advisor to our
customers as they design, build and operate new technologies that
leverage the unique strengths of DataStax software. As a member of
the DataStax Professional Services team, it is your mission to make
it easy for DataStax customers to use our software to achieve
What You Will Do
- Work with customers and prospective customers to design
performant, resilient, scalable, secure, distributed architectures
which can exceed SLAs and are easily maintained.
- Design and test event streaming and data engineering solutions
which are pragmatic, performant, and scalable.
- Develop expert understanding of Apache Pulsar from an
implementation, development and operational perspective.
- Work with customers to select on-premise hardware or cloud
instance types based on workload and capacity assessments.
- Help the customer deploy, configure, secure, maintain, monitor,
scale, troubleshoot, test and tune Apache Pulsar deployments.
- Create reference architectures that can be used to solve common
requirements in a repeatable way following (and identifying)
recommended best practices.
- Collaborate with other roles in DataStax Professional Services,
Technical Support, Pre-Sales, Sales, etc. to ensure our customer is
Your Experience Should Include
- Experience with event streaming and/or messaging platforms such
as Apache Pulsar, Apache Kafka, JMS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, NATS, or
- RDBMSs and one or more NoSQL databases (DataStax
Enterprise/Apache Cassandra, highly preferred)
- Significant experience programming with Java and at least some
experience programming with Golang, Python or Node.js
- Understanding of enterprise cloud and on prem deployment
approaches (logical understanding of firewalls, network zoning, VPC
- Strong Linux CLI & Linux System Administration skills
- Application and system performance tuning
- Network infrastructure & IP networking, server hardware,
- Distributed application & data processing architectures
- Security considerations for: physical environment, network,
server, operating system, database, application, public & private
- Front-end application development
- Common enterprise architecture patterns
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
If this motivates you, we'd love to hear from you!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: DataStax, Garland , Solutions Architect, Streaming (Remote US), Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!