Corporate Coding Coordinator (Remote based in US)
Company: Tenet Healthcare
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Description - Under general supervision and with aid of Official
Coding Guidelines, the Corporate Coding Coordinator codes diagnoses
and procedures of inpatient accounts according to ICD-10-CM/PCS.
The Corporate Coding Coordinator is responsible for assisting the
Corporate Coding Manager with second level coding reviews and
educates coders on correct coding. Assists the coding department
with coding questions, reviews, or inquiries.Essential Duties and
- Performs second level coder reviews on accounts that are sent
back from Revint, Iodine, coding audits, and coding/billing
- Provides coders with education and guidance on correct coding
based on second level reviews.
- Assists coding manager and coding department with coder
questions, coding reviews, and coding inquiries. Codes inpatient
accounts when coverage is needed.
- Monitors and assists coding manager with DNFC management to
- Attends Tenet coding educations and maintains coding
credentials.#LI-MJ1Qualifications - Required:
- 3-5 years acute hospital coding experience.
- Skilled and working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Ability to analyze coding related reports and take action.
- Associates Degree in Health Information Management.
- RHIT or CCS certification.Preferred:
- 5 plus years' experience in a large, complex, multi-system
acute care hospital organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management.
- RHIA and CCS certification.A pre-employment coding proficiency
assessment will be administered. Position will support Tenet
corporate located in Texas. Tenet Healthcare complies with federal,
state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its
workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated
under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of
full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical
exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption
from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to
regular testing in accordance with the law.
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare, Garland , Corporate Coding Coordinator (Remote based in US), Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!