Senior Solutions Architect - Remote
Company: Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN)
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and
compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry
expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We're here
to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology,
industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your
business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate,
regulations evolve and technology advances, we're there. And
through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in
moments that matter.
The Sr. Solutions Architect at DFIN is responsible for supporting
solution & project implementation, by maintaining an
enterprise-wide view and a deep understanding of technology and
business needs. The Solutions Architect will ensure that new
technology solutions effectively establish new business
capabilities and that current solutions are fully optimized. This
is a highly technical position responsible for the analysis and
design of the enterprise IT environment, integrating DFIN security
standards. The Infra Solutions Architect will serve as a technical
expert and will work with users and technical peer groups. This
position will help develop standards and establish life cycle
management. Analyze and translate infrastructure requirements into
an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions that integrate
across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business
objectives. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills,
technical leadership skills and process improvement skills. The
Solutions Architect will need excellent communication skills and
must be able to work collaboratively with internal clients and
other colleagues. Individuals work across functional areas of DFIN
and use a strong customer service mindset to ensure that
infrastructure requests are delivered in a professional manner. The
Solutions Architect work with other technical staff and vendors to
provide IT services to DFIN and our customers.
- Design and deployment architecture and determine infrastructure
hardware sizing aligned with the customer strategy, roadmap, IT
policies, and standards.
- Architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise-class
- Lead in the analysis, design and implementation of future
migration and consolidation.
- Solution design including requirements gathering, capacity
planning, security hardening, performance tuning, and audit
- Research, evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies to
improve service and reduce cost.
- Perform capacity planning, upgrades and expansion of enterprise
IT infrastructure (compute, storage, backup, virtualization, load
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and
clients in support of assigned projects.
- Lead the assessment of migrations, upgrades, and new
technologies aligned with the IT Infrastructure Architecture
- Act as technical liaison between product and infrastructure
teams, providing critical insight to design and strategy, including
validation of ongoing solution supportability.
- Manage the technical relationship with select technology
vendors and service providers.
- Ensure engineered systems meet business continuity and disaster
- Support configuration management of IT Infrastructure
- Support multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects,
with diverse stakeholders.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation including SOPs and
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to DFIN technical standards,
policies, and procedures. DFIN IT Infrastructure Engineering
supports the following organizational capabilities:
- Information Security Adherence
- Networking Delivery Coordination
- Service Validation and Testing
- Technology Evaluation
- Strategy Management
- Corporate Solution Implementation
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience in Compute,
Storage, Backup, Network/ Firewall, and OS (Windows/ Linux)
environments with mid to large-sized companies (2000+ associates)
and has demonstrated skills in:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering, computer
science, information systems, or similar.
- Compute, storage, backup, fiber channel network, and network,
Virtualization, Site recovery, Firewall, Load balancers, etc.
- Cloud technologies, Azure DevOps, Powershell, and other
configurations as code tools
- Good understanding of Security and Network architecture and
- Deep knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Windows Server and Active Directory Security
- Active Directory-integrated applications (includes single
- ADFS Services --- DNS services --- DHCP services --- NTP
- Auditing and security policies and procedures
- High Availability / Disaster Recovery
- n-Tier infrastructureGeneral Skills:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel
especially), and Office 365.
- Passionate about customer service, user experience, and being
an example for the greater team.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands &
self-adjust to meet shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is desirable
but not required.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place
and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race,
color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived
disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual
orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. If
you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access
jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to
Keywords: Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN), Garland , Senior Solutions Architect - Remote, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!