Operator - Ordnance Paint
Company: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Posted on: August 4, 2022
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, a premier provider
of ordnance weapons and tactical systems to the U.S. Department of
Defense and allied nations, is hiring an Operator-Ordnance Paint to
join our Garland Team. We are about supporting the mission of the
warfighter. Our products can be found with every U.S. Military
branch with allies around the world. We are looking for motivated
and creative individuals who want to help shape and support this
Major Position Responsibilities
Shift: Third (3rd)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Set-up and application of paint, primers, enamel epoxy, etc.
materials using automatic and/or conventional methods.
* Read and correctly interpret SOI's and SOP's required in job
* Responsible for inputting time and labor data into the CIMA
* Train other employees in the paint area
* Operation and maintenance of automated and manual paint
* Ability to use Binks or comparable conventional spray equipment,
airless spray equipment, drying and/or curing ovens, automatic
paint, foot-controlled turn tables, computerized information
systems and test equipment for paint systems.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and direct the
activities of other employees.
Skills and qualifications required include the following but are
not limited to:
* Three (3) years painting experience preferred
* Use of all instruments and/or gages required to accurately
monitor painting and/or chemical processing operations.
* Operate conventional paint guns and associated equipment,
automatic paint machines and equipment, drying ovens and/or
miscellaneous equipment related to the job tasks.
* Must be able to mix paint and/or primers (enamel, epoxy, etc.) to
specific customer and/or mi-spec requirements.
* Functional math skills required to complete job tasks,
communication skills and computer skills.
* Automobile paint or detailing experience preferred.
* Elevated temperatures, noise levels which may vary according to
the season and job assignment.
* Physically able to lift materials weighing up to 50 lbs and
heavier parts with the use of power devices.
* Handling materials up to 900 degrees with proper tools.
* High paced production environment to meet standards.
Keywords: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, Garland , Operator - Ordnance Paint, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!