Project Specialist, Procurement - SMRs - REMOTE
Company: GSE Solutions
Posted on: September 21, 2022
We are supporting one of the key players in the SMR (small
modular reactor) market. They are seeking a Project Specialist,
Procurement to support the design development for advanced Gen IV
reactors. Can work 100% remote. 1 year+ contract.
* Develop procurement specifications as necessary to communicate
supplier technical work scope. Work scope may include
systems/sub-systems, equipment, components, materials, and
* Develop statements of work (SOW) and project planning to execute
supplier projects to meet program objectives.
* Support supplier selection activities with requests for proposals
(RFPs) and team review/selection processes.
* Provide direction and oversight of supplier projects, working
with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and
* Coordinate Natrium technical review process of supplier
deliverables and ensure appropriate responses.
* Manage technical interfaces between supplier projects and
interfacing projects/activities within Natrium.
* Provide support to contract administration and commercial
activities as needed to implement projects.
* Maintain awareness of supplier technical capabilities,
organization changes and relationships to ensure positive feedback
Key Qualifications and Skills
* 8-10 years' experience developing requirements specifications,
defining supplier technical work scope to include development of
SOWs, RFPs and providing direction and oversight of supplier
* Technical degree or equivalent experience relevant to power plant
mechanical systems and/or electrical (I&C and Power)
* Demonstrated skills in the technical direction of suppliers and
in supporting contractual/commercial aspects of customer/supplier
* Experience in the nuclear field is a plus.
* Experience in a fabrication facility setting with understanding
of travelers and welding processes an asset.
* Previous experience in technical interface with engineering
groups for review and input to supplier activities.
* Must have experience in writing statements of work,
specifications for procurement, testing and
* Must have experience with project controls and organization along
with tools and processes to support the same.
* A broad understanding of the various engineering disciplines and
how they interrelate is important.
* Strong communication skills desired
* The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and
integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to
* Actual position starting level and title will be determined based
on assessment of qualifications.
Job Functions are physical actions and/or working conditions
associated with the position. These functions may also constitute
essential functions for the job which the employee must be able to
fulfill, with or without accommodation. Information provided below
is to help describe the job so that the applicant has a reasonable
understanding of the job duties/expectations. An applicant's
ability to perform and/or tolerate these actions and conditions
will be discussed and workplace accommodations may be made on a
case-by-case basis following an individualized assessment of the
applicant and other considerations, including but not limited to
any governing safety standards.
* Motor Abilities: Sitting and/or standing for extended periods,
bending/stooping, grasping/gripping, fine motor control (hands)
* Physical exertion and/or requirements: Minimal, with ability to
safely lift up to 25 pounds
* Repetitive work: Prolonged
* Special Senses: Visual and audio focused work
* Work Conditions: Stairs, typing/keyboard, standard and/or sitting
working environment of > 8 hrs./day
* Travel required: 0-5% initially but increasing as supplier
Keywords: GSE Solutions, Garland , Project Specialist, Procurement - SMRs - REMOTE, Other , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!