26248 Aide - Title 1 Family Involvement
Company: Garland Independent School District
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Teacher Assistant/AIDE - TITLE I
Naaman Forest High School Duty Days: 186
Pay Grade: PA1 Min: $ 96.00 Mid: $117.08 Max: $136.76 Daily rates
Technology Literacy: E-mail
Application Questions: JOBS@garlandisd.net
Date Available: Immediate
Deadline: Until Filled
Interviews: Conducted as needed
To serve as a liaison between the school and home by helping parents receive the information and support they need to ensure their child's academic and social success.
High school diploma, or equivalent, from an approved education institute
Prior experience working with families and children, preferred
Associate Degree or 48 college credit hours or pass the Garland ISD Para-Professional Assessment
Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish
Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Proficient computer and clerical skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assists in recruiting parents as volunteers within the school for the purpose of increasing parent participation in school activities and in their child 's education.
2. Collaborates with school staff for the purpose of developing programs and classes to support nonEnglish speaking parents and students.
3. Coordinates parent participation, organizes meetings and educational classes for families and encourages leadership (e.g ., parenting skills, volunteer training, child growth, and development) for the purpose of developing parenting skills, understanding school processes and parent/student success, and other family support needs.
4. Maintains a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records for the purpose of providing required information and/or documentation.
5. Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g ., newsletters, reports, logs, memos, flyers, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
6. Provides data for a variety of reports for the purpose of meeting program, district, state, and federal requirements.
7. Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g., parents, community agencies, auditors, students, campus faculty and staff) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
8. Communicate effectively with parents, students, and campus faculty.
9. Maintain confidentiality, as appropriate.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned by counselor and administrator.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals; school bus operation; safety equipment; fire extinguisher, radio communication equipment
Posture: Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual sitting and reaching; repetitive hand and arm motions
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Frequent prolonged and irregular hours, rotating early and late shift work; work outside and inside
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Inquiries to: Jeremiah Oliphant, Prinicpal
Keywords: Garland Independent School District, Garland , 26248 Aide - Title 1 Family Involvement, Other , Garland, Texas
here to apply!