Quantitative Analyst Lead/Model Development
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Quantitative
Analyst Lead/Model Development for one of the following locations:
San Antonio Home Office I, Austin Design Studio, Colorado Springs
Campus, Phoenix Campus,/ Plano Legacy, San Antonio Vista Corporate,
San Antonio Convent Street, San Antonio Home Office II/III, San
Antonio One Riverwalk, Tampa Campus or Remote.
Acts as strategic partner in anticipating modeling opportunities
and developing solutions to drive business results. Leads,
motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams through the
problem resolution process, including creating models to produce
substantiated recommendations and reports in support of business
initiatives, efficiencies and potential strategies. This may
include modeling design, development, process and utilization of
sophisticated statistical modeling methods and tools. Considers
risks, competitiveness and business impact of requests and builds
models where evaluation of intangibles is required. Independently,
under minimal supervision, with a high level of certainty, manages/
performs multiple complex and often unique work assignments and
problem resolution across systems, processes or channels; and
navigates obstacles to deliver the work product. Drives and directs
quality work efforts. Accountable for achieving business objectives
and results; and has the authority to make business related
- Assist leadership to develop a strong modeling analytics
- Acts as a mentor to junior modeling analysts providing ongoing
feedback and coaching.
- Develops team reputation as highly skilled experts in the area
of predictive modeling.
- Regularly interacts with business partners to identify
opportunities for predictive analytics to drive business strategy
- Ability to deliver analytical insights to senior
- Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of
statistical and other quantitative models to support loss
prediction, assess member value, predict
- member behavior or financial performance and other business
- Full ownership of the model development process and
relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization
through data exploration, model selection and validation,
implementation, business user training and support.
- Develops and provides subject matter expertise on current and
emerging predictive modeling techniques for various areas within
the financial services industry.
- Monitors and understands emerging technology that can affect
modeling and potential business risk.
- Researches new internal and external data sources.
- Communicates technical subject matter clearly and concisely to
individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Educates and coaches peers and business partners to leverage
predictive analytical solutions.
- Coordinates with legal counsel to ensure regulatory compliance
regarding model design and the acquisition and usage of data for
segmentation and modeling purposes.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field (4 additional
years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.)
A Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field
A PhD in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial
Sciences or related field
If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years related work experience in
statistical model development
If a Master's Degree, 6 or more years related experience in
statistical model development
If a Ph.D.,4 or more years related experience in statistical model
- 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools and industry data
- Expert knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures
in SQL, SAS, R, BI tools or other analytical software
- Expert knowledge of a broad range modeling techniques
(Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees,
Neural Networks, Factor analysis, experimental design, hypothesis
- Demonstrated leadership ability and capability to influence
decision making at various levels of management*Qualifications may
warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred
- Experience knowledge with Economic Capital Modeling
- Experience knowledge with Asset Liability Management
- Experience knowledge with Operational Risk Modeling
- Experience knowledge with Stress Testing
- Experience knowledge with Capital Markets
- Experience knowledge with Credit Risk ModelingThe above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement) or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/27/20 by
11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Garland , Quantitative Analyst Lead/Model Development, Professions , Sachse, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!