Posted on: April 4, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Analyst will take ownership of
the acquisitions process by providing thoughtful analysis,
research, pipeline management, and reporting to the Central
division's Development team. The Development Analyst reports to the
Acquisitions Development Manager and will work as a team to
evaluate new development opportunities that meet the company's
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrite and evaluate investment opportunities sourced by
- Update and proof underwriting templates to ensure accuracy
- Prepare internal presentation material required for investment
Development Pipeline Coordination
- Track investment opportunities in the pipeline and ensure that
deal-level information is up to date.
- Prepare weekly update reports on active opportunities for
discussion with the Development team.
- Prepare weekly update reports with key metrics for deals
currently under construction, under contract, etc.
- Prepare comparative analysis and other ad-hoc reports for
opportunities in the pipeline.
- Monitor and track progress of Development team's production
- Monitor and track key dates for deals currently under
Development Deal Analysis
- Update original underwriting of deals as new information is
discovered through due diligence, or as underwriting standards
- Prepare analysis and reporting necessary for meetings with
- Compile research from sources such as Witten, Meyers,
Axiometrics, CoStar, and Smart to analyze target markets.
- Draft Letters of Intent (LOI) for active opportunities
- Monthly and Quarterly market research tasks- jobs/permit
tracker, supply, etc.
- Tour comparable properties & sites to gain valuable insight
into competing amenities, local demand drivers, absorption, and
- Obtain and maintain a database of competitor premiums and
amenities that are specific to each deal.
- Track market spot cap rates, sale comps, and operating expense
- Capture broker contact information and collect relevant
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting,
Engineering, Math, Data Science, or Real Estate preferred.
- Minimum 1-2years experience working in commercial real estate
(multifamily preferred). Open to considering candidates graduating
May 2021 with 6 months of relevant internship experience working in
commercial real estate.
- Prior work or internship experience that built upon an
understanding of financial analysis, with the ability to calculate
and interpret return metrics (NOI, Cap Rate, IRR, NPV, Levered vs
Unlevered returns, Return on Cost , etc.).
- Must have a strong work ethic, and a reputation for the highest
degree of integrity and mature business judgment.
- Comfortable in presenting recommendations to senior management
and the board of directors in line with corporate strategic
- Superior communication (oral and written, including editing)
and interpersonal skills.
Keywords: Confidential, Garland , Acquisitions Analyst, Professions , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!