Company: Independent Financial
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Primary responsibility is to act as a senior cloud engineer,
architect, and administrator. Oversee the implementation,
administration, management, and maintenance of all Microsoft Azure
infrastructure and platform services. Install, setup, monitor, and
analyze critical components of the organizations cloud environment.
Ensure that all organization systems and applications are running
at optimal performance. Perform a variety of maintenance, analysis,
installation, and training tasks to ensure performance meets
company requirements. Act as escalation point for lower tiers of
support. Share knowledge amongst all members of technology services
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into
an appropriate technical cloud solution.
- Work with lines of business to identify and analyze options to
streamline and or automate workflows as possible.
- Analyze and identify opportunities to improve technology
infrastructure and make recommendations for improving the overall
performance and resiliency.
- Be the solution ambassador for Microsoft Azure cloud solution,
architecture, related technologies, and their
- Create innovative solutions leveraging cloud platforms to solve
client business challenges.
- Gather requirements, assess client capabilities, and analyze
findings to provide appropriate cloud recommendations and adoption
- Demonstrate expertise via client workshops and learning
- Create conceptual, logical, and physical design for cloud-based
solutions for infrastructure and platforms.
- Research, analyze, recommend, and select technical approaches
for solving difficult and challenging development and integration
- Design plans, coordinate and oversee testing and implementation
of solutions, installation of upgrades and new software.
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase
performance, automation, and scalability.Reactive Support
- Perform analysis, research, and take corrective action as
needed to resolve 3rd tier incidents, requests, problems, and
escalations from lower tiers of support.
- When monitoring alerts are identified, analyze cause, determine
actions required to address the cause and execute those
- Update and monitor assigned list of problems, incidents,
changes within ticketing system.
- Keep team updated on problems observed or encountered, with
specific interest to as they relate to customer service, due dates,
security, and system availability.
- Work closely with Lead Engineer or Manager to monitor and
adjust priorities and workflow.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being
processed, stored or accessed by the network.Proactive Support
- Check, modify, backups using Azure Site Recovery where
necessary to resolve issues to ensure proper protection.
- Writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system
- Maintain security, back-up, and redundancy strategies, and make
recommendations for improvement or increased system
- Monitor all Azure network PaaS and IaaS resources.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.Qualifications:Education
- Bachelor's degreeMinimum Experience
- Minimum of 8 years Information Technology work experience
required; more years preferred. 5+ years Azure related.
- Production level experience migrating and deploying Azure
- Project experience architecting, implementing, and optimizing
core infrastructure, networking and cloud-based services for
business teams or consumers.
- Experience configuring and tuning cloud hosted solutions and
- Experience with performance analysis, troubleshooting and
- Experience with identity and access management, encryption and
key management principles, and secure cloud design patterns.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS,
Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
- Experience with agile, automation, CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps
- Automation and orchestration experience with Visual Studio
(VSTS), CloudFormation, Resource Manager, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or
- Container configuration and implementation experience with
Docker, Vagrant and Kubernetes.
- Solid technical knowledge of, and experience technically
supporting vendor-supplied line-of-business applications in a
networked production environment required.
- Technical Services: Prior Banking industry experience is a
plus, especially as it pertains to line-of-business application
usage and/or customer service.Licenses and Certifications
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure highly desiredKnowledge/
- Deep product knowledge and understanding of Azure product
features including SaaS and IaaS offerings, Big Data and Advanced
Analytics, Serverless Computing, Disaster Recovery and multi-region
functionality, Internet of Things (IoT), Monitoring, and Azure
Resource Manager (ARM)
- Solid technical knowledge and experience implementing and
supporting Microsoft Azure platform services (PaaS) including Azure
Private DNS, Public DNS, Key Vault, Azure Active Directory (AAD) +
Sync, Storage Accounts (blob & file), Private Link Service, Log
Analytics Workspace, Azure Monitor, Site Recovery Services, App
Services, App Service Environment (ASE), Automation Accounts,
- Solid technical knowledge and experience technically supporting
Microsoft Azure infrastructure services such as Virtual Network,
Virtual Machine, SQL Virtual Machine, Network Security Groups,
Load-Balancers, Network Virtual Appliances (NVA), VPN Gateway,
ExpressRoute (ER) Gateway, etc.
- Ability to work with little direction and produce results and a
willingness to be a team player and contribute to the overall
success of the department and company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. High attention to
- Belief in providing exceptional customer service and possessing
the skills required to do so.
- Organized, high flexibility, comfortable in a high-pressure
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the
organization and understand the needs of customers that may be
unable to express their requirements in purely technical
Keywords: Independent Financial, Garland , Cloud Architect, Professions , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!