Research Analyst - Chemistry
Company: Daisy Brand
Posted on: June 22, 2022
The analyst conducts routine analysis of Dairy ingredients and
fermented products using a wide range of laboratory techniques. The
job will also involve pilot plant activities.
- Plan and conduct experiments using standard laboratory
- Conduct pilot plant work. This may require lifting 40lbs.
- Package and send samples to outside testing laboratories.
- Prepare complex dairy samples for analysis.
- Measure and track standards to ensure accuracy and precision of
- Maintain analytical equipment and laboratory areas.
The R&D analyst reports to Research Lab Manager and works
directly with all R&D personnel.
Schedule and Travel
Typically, workdays are 8 hours, Monday through Friday beginning at
7:30 to 8:00am. Occasionally, work hours might be adjusted to
accommodate project schedules. Travel is limited.
Education, Training and Experience
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, Dairy
manufacturing, or food science with at least 2 years of laboratory
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent laboratory skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and time management
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is
required.For more than four generations (over 100 years), Daisy
Brand has been a family-owned company committed to providing the
freshest, most wholesome dairy products with over half a billion in
revenues. The company is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with
manufacturing plants in Garland, Texas (opened in 1998), Casa
Grande, Arizona (opened in 2008), and Wooster, Ohio (opened in late
2015).Having grown to above a 50 share, Daisy Sour Cream is the
Nations number one brand with distribution in all 50 states.
Additionally, Daisy is the largest brand in food service, military,
and club and is recognized by consumers for A Dollop of Daisy, a
tagline that put this once small brand on the map.Daisys core
values are Clean and Trust, which are woven into everything we do.
In 2008, the company was given the impressive American Business
Ethics award, awarded by Foundation for Financial Service
Professionals.While maintaining a strong culture of curious and
innovative problem-solvers, Daisy Brand tripled employment over the
last 15 years. The future looks bright with the opening of its
third facility to further strengthen the foundation for
growth.Daisy Brand offers an industry leading benefits package that
- A no-deductible, $0 premium option for employee-only health
- 401(k) with 50% company match on first 8% of earnings you
- Safe harbor and profit sharing company contributions to
- Company paid short and long term disability coverage.
- Company paid 2X annual salary life and AD&D insurance.
- 4 weeks annual paid time off.
- Extra time off for volunteering.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fitness membership reimbursement.
- And moreDaisy Brand is a nicotine-free company. Daisy Brand is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans and disabled encouraged to
Keywords: Daisy Brand, Garland , Research Analyst - Chemistry, Professions , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!