Sr., Maintenance Mechanic
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
passion.Primary PurposeResponsible for a variety of advanced
repair, preventative maintenance tasks, and maintenance
documentation on various equipment throughout Parkland Health &
Hospital System to ensure that all equipment is safe and
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have four years of experience in general building
maintenance working with plumbing, HVAC, electrical, lighting,
drywall repair, and equipment maintenance.
- Must have a minimum of one year of general building maintenance
experience in a healthcare environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience
to substitute for the experience requirements.
- Prefer Journeyman Plumbing or Electrical licensure or a trade
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of
proper safety procedures.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of plumbing and
electrical (including lighting and equipment) maintenance
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the
proper use of power and hand tools.
- Must be able to assist with training other employees regarding
repair and maintenance functions.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate level skill in repair
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate level skill in
soldering copper pipe.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with department and
Hospital personnel, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to read and interpret sketches, drawings, and
technical instruction manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy loads, walk, stand for
extended periods, and climb ladders.--*WM#WMParkland Health and
Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over),
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, disability, national origin, marital status, political
belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland, Garland , Sr., Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!