Preventative Maintenance Diesel Mechanic
Company: Ryder System
Posted on: September 21, 2022
We are currently hiring a Heavy Duty Diesel Technician in Garland,
Tuesday-Friday = 2:30pm-11:00pm
Saturdays = 6:00am-2:30pm
Can earn up to $1,200 weekly
including OT and incentives!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great
pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest
transportation companies in the country?
Do you want to work for a Fortune 500 Industry Leader?
If you answered "Yes" to these questions, you've got to check out
Call or Text "Garland" to Jennifer at 860-712-6688 for more inf
For almost 100 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world
with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain
management solutions that enhance the way they do business.
Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and
expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and over 40,000
employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been
looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome
Under close supervision, the Tech II Diesel Mech (Regulated)
position performs minor to average routine maintenance and repair
services on different types of vehicles.
Works with the assistance of a T3, T4, TIC, SS or SM, when
performing highly technical and superior diagnostic type repairs.
Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage
development in a productive manner.
The T2 Technician performs minor to average repairs and routine
maintenance under limited supervision. The T2 may be assigned to
work/train directly with a T3 or T4.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some
- Must possess state license as required
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In
order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in
different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems,
utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform
repairs as required
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature
of complaint once assigned a task
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate
compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Performs other support duties as required to support
operations. These could include but are not limited to Service
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Ryder System, Garland , Preventative Maintenance Diesel Mechanic, Professions , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!