Assistant Maintenance - Shiloh Oaks
Company: Valiant Enterprises LLC
Posted on: January 19, 2023
The Assistant Maintenance is responsible for assisting the
maintenance supervisor. He/she is also responsible for maintaining
the physical integrity of the property and working with the leasing
team to maximize renewal and leasing opportunities. The Assistant
Maintenance will ensure that all duties are carried out with safety
first and according to Valiant Residential policies.
- Service requests made by residents should be completed within
- Implement and manage the system for handling resident service
requests. Whenever possible, all requests should be completed
within 24 hours. Schedule the on-call rotation for the staff and
assist with service as necessary.
- The Assistant Maintenance will assist in being responsible for
conducting all business in accordance with company policies and
procedures and all state and federal laws (such as ADA, Fair
Housing, OSHA, etc.).
- Assist in the distribution of flyers and other material.
- Keep all safety material current and readily accessible. You
must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout and
immediately correct unsafe conditions.
- Maintain accurate records of preventive maintenance, service
requests, and make-ready status of all vacant apartments.
- Schedule and perform minor and routine maintenance on all
appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspect and maintain all
tools in excellent condition.
- Diagnose and perform minor or routine maintenance or repair
involving the following on a daily basis: Electrical and plumbing
(including water lines), A/C and heating systems, appliances, water
irrigation systems, stairs, gates, fences, patios and railings,
tile, carpet and flooring, roofing, gutters, fasteners,
interior/exterior lights, fireplaces, ceiling fans, gas fixtures
and appliances, shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass
doors, boilers, gas and electric, door locks, P.O. boxes and locks,
security systems, ceiling leaks, walls, pool area, tile, hot
tub/spa, and pool furniture.
- Handle "on call" duties whenever needed.
- Participate in standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend,
and holiday coverage.
- Assist in preparing the property for various inspections.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by property manager
or Regional Community Supervisor.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time experience in apartment
maintenance or a trade that requires basic knowledge of
electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting and HVAC.
- EPA (refrigerant, transition, and recovery certification)
- Own basic set of hand tools.
- Vaild driver's license with good driving record and auto
- Ability to perform work responsibilites at other locations and
ablilty to travel within major metropolitan area with possible
overnight stays in other cities.
- Ability to work some weekends as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical Certification a plus.
Keywords: Valiant Enterprises LLC, Garland , Assistant Maintenance - Shiloh Oaks, Professions , Garland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!