Company: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Posted on: May 26, 2023
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for the purchase of materials, finished goods and other supplies to meet production and scheduling demands. Responsibilities include coordinating plant activities to meet customer demands and inventory goals. Additionally, this position will ensure that production schedules are meeting customer service requirements and make any necessary follow-up inquiries. Through these planning and control activities, this position is responsible for customer service in an assigned region as defined by the Division's goals for: 1) Product availability, 2) Order completeness, 3) Inventory investment, 4) Inventory deployment, 5) Plant utilization, 6) Inventory Quality Ratio.
Major tasks include:
* Issue purchase orders for all raw materials, factory supplies, and purchased finished goods at the site
* Minimize manufacturing backlogs and past due items on a weekly basis.
* Purchasing activities to maintain responsiveness to production requirements and to obtain the best possible quality and price.
* Meet with vendor representatives to keep informed of changes in the market and new raw materials available.
* Approve all raw material and finished good purchase orders.
* Manage raw material inventories to meet or exceed service goals.
* Participate in the development of operational plans for the plant.
* Verify price discrepancies as it relates to invoice vs. purchase orders.
* Maintain vendor files as it relates to PO's and requisitions at the plant including information in computer databases.
* Manage cycle count program including system auto-generated counts weekly as well as cycle counts as needed to fix discrepancies
* Oversee carrier detention and demurrage logs and control payment on verified detention invoices
* Gather and evaluate market intelligence from field Marketing as well as the customer at any level of aggregation from SKU to Brand.
* Develop and execute monthly production plans.
* Assist in planning re-deployment of existing inventories to re-balance inventory to current demand.
* Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or 8 years of work experience
* Experience with MRP (Material Resource Planning) and MPS (Material Production Scheduling) systems
* At least one (1) year of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
* Previous experience using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access
* APICS Certification
* 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a planning, scheduling or materials role
* Experience with Supply Chain Planner, MES, QAD, AOM, and/or Business Objects
* College majors of Materials Management, Supply Chain, Logistics or related business discipline is preferred
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.Primary Location:United States-Texas-GARLANDWork Locations:USA TX Garland West Miller Road Plant2802 West Miller RdGarland75041
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Keywords: The Sherwin-Williams Company, Garland , Purchasing Manager, Professions , Garland, Texas
here to apply!