Posted on: September 16, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by
solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
SAP Lead Architect is a highly specialized position within the SAP
HEC & Managed SAP practice and has two primary responsibilities:
Product Architect and implementation & support of client managed
application services of SAP.
The candidate will lead, define and manage initiatives and projects
to develop new IT architecture models (e.g. Technology Strategies &
Roadmaps, SAP architectures and governance) and will also be
responsible for the support and administration of multiple SAP
Systems or applications for both in-house and our clients. The
candidate filling this role will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
within the area of Basis & platform and provide leadership,
mentoring, and technical direction in the implementation and
analysis of complex SAP systems including, but not limited to S/4
HANA, ECC, Fiori, BW/4 HANA, BW / BI, Business Objects (BOBJ /
BODS), MDG, PO/PI and Solution Manager.
- Responsible for CTL Cloud Architecture and interface with SAP
Cloud Architects for overall complete architecture, feasibility of
a HEC opportunity.
- Actively participate in day to day support and project efforts
for client environment(s)
- Act as a thought and process leader for the team and actively
mentor other team members
- Follow and promote the use of CenturyLink global process
- Participate in cross functional teams to foster collaboration
within and outside of global operations
- Drive documentation lifecycle for client and technology
- Consult and assess industry advances in technical system
- Identify opportunities and develop solutions to automate and
improve efficiency of overall SAP environment
- Stay current with Industry Emerging Technologies, Products,
Services, Protocols, and Standards
- Take ownership of the most complex issues in the technical
landscape as SAP SME, research system related problems, solve the
toughest ERP & IT related problems by figuring out solutions,
and/or implementing SAP best practices to make things work.
- Proficient in installing, configuring, documenting,
troubleshooting and tuning of S/4 HANA, ECC, Fiori, BW/4 HANA, BW /
BI, Business Objects (BOBJ / BODS), MDG, PO/PI and Solution
- Support and implement optimal SAP configuration to maximize
system performance and availability
- Executing daily operational activities related to the SAP
Environments including object transports, setup/configuration,
operational SAP monitoring, troubleshooting and error handling,
performance/tuning and problem determination/resolution
- Installation and configuration of all required SAP database
servers, application servers, SAP web dispatcher, create new rules,
maintain permission tables, and routing to backend systems
- Lead the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades,
- Assess technical risk and provide timely mitigation and
- Prepare and execute Pre and Post HANA migration tasks including
HANA checklist, HANA Sizer, post migration checks, post upgrade
remediation (SPDD, SPAU).
- Experience on SAP Solution Manager Tasks including but not
limited to Monitoring setup, EWA setup, E2E Root Cause
- Experience in BOBJ integration with SAP BW on HANA, BPC on
NetWeaver installation and integration with SAP BW on HANA and
- Experience in HANA DB administration through HANA studio Create
Schemas, Backup & Restore Configurations, Monitoring, Integration
with other Systems
- Business Objects services initial configuration and job
- Proficient in performing SAP Heterogeneous/Homogeneous
- Ability to develop and modify shell scripts to automate
- The ability to effectively communicate with clients, peers, and
- Carry out special tasks at Managements direction
- Participate in an on-call rotation and shift turnovers to other
global support teams.
- 15+ year of SAP Basis Administration experience. Hands on
experience with full life cycle implementation of 2 or more SAP
- Preferred Certified NetWeaver/HANA Technology Systems
Consultant and expertise in Solution Manager. Experience in SAP
HANA, SAP HANA design, development, implementation, OS/DB
Migrations, installations, upgrades and support of SAP NetWeaver
and BO applications
- Must have experience with defining strategy for complex SAP
landscapes with multiple project run in parallel.
- Implementation experience of SAP applications (ECC, BW, CRM,
SRM, EP, PO, BOBJ, HANA, Solution Manager, etc.)
- Experience with 2 or more upgrade & migration projects.
- Strong skills and experience in Disaster Recovery and High
Availability architecture. Must have performed DR on HANA or worked
on scale out configurations.
- Experience with sizing of SAP systems.
- Experience developing detailed technical infrastructure
diagrams and specifications
- Experience leading and facilitating functional / technical
- Proven ability to meet or exceed clients expectations. Proven
to meet all objectives set forth by client and project managers
alike for best practices and industry solutions.
- Cloud experience is a must. .
Large-Enterprise experience in the following technologies:
- SAP Technologies: S/4 HANA, ECC, Fiori, BW/4 HANA, BW / BI,
Business Objects (BOBJ / BODS), MDG, PO/PI and Solution
- Windows Server (2003 /2008/2012) & UNIX (Linux / AIX)
- Active Directory
- Database Engineering: Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase ASE, Sybase
IQ, SAP HANA
- Experience in Windows / UNIX scripting
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Strong understanding of virtualization concepts and
- **This position can work remote.
Bachelors or EquivalentMasters or Equivalent in Computer
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Boulder;
US-Colorado-Denver; US-Georgia-Atlanta; US-Illinois-Chicago;
US-Indiana-Indianapolis; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Missouri-St
Requisition #: 215204
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do
not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions,
including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits,
discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Garland , LEAD ARCHITECT, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!